Protecting God’s Children Awareness Sessions at SIJ
Saturday, May 13, 2017, 10 am, Fireplace Room
Register online at : https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=17156&theme=0
Questions, call Jane, 630-655-5918
REQUIREMENTS BEFORE EMPLOYMENT OR VOLUNTEERING
Prior to beginning employment/volunteer service, all persons involved with minors on a regular, recurring basis and those who would have the opportunity to be alone with children during parish, school or religious education sponsored events are required to present the following:
- Results of a criminal background investigation (subject to the conditions of the Diocese of Joliet). Background checks are to be renewed every 5 years. Prior to any renewal, the person is required to sign another release form.
- Written acknowledgement that the person has read and understood the Pastoral Policy Regarding Sexual Abuse of Minors (2013) and the Standards of Behavior to Safeguard Against Child Abuse (2014). (Both documents may be downloaded at the Forms link on this page.)
- Proof of attendance at a Protecting God’s Children program. (Proof of previous completion of the program will be accepted.)
- All employees of the Church are to complete annual continuing education in child protection as an extension of the Protecting God’s Children Workshop. This requirement is fulfilled by reading monthly bulletins published by VIRTUS.
The above documentation is to be obtained prior to anyone being hired or being permitted to volunteer, and is kept on file.
- Virtus Online Registration for Protecting God’s Children Workshop
- Acknowledgement Form
- Volunteer Application
- Release Form
- DCFS Cants 22 Form – teachers
- Fingerprint Application – employees